PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR SALE
When selling a property, it is important to make sure it is presented to maximise buyer interest. To do so, our office staff will assist in identifying what improvements in and around your home can be made to generate the most value.
As buyers approach your home for the first time they will begin to form an opinion even before they reach the front door. Therefore, it’s a good idea to:
- Make sure all garden edges are trimmed and cleared of unwanted clutter (toys, garden tools) and rubbish.
- Pathways and driveways to the home should be cleared and safe.
- Windows should be clean and gutters cleared of leaves.
Neat & Tidy
Once inside keep them interested by showing your home in its best possible light.
- Give the walls a once over with a fresh coat of paint or a simple wash down.
This is a great way to make a real difference.
- Steam clean carpets to remove any unwanted stains or odours
- Clear up any clutter around the home, including toys, dishes, papers, etc.
This will improve the feeling of space.
HINTS FOR INSPECTIONS
- Open curtains and turn on the lights to improve that comforting feel. Making your home as bright as possible creates a welcoming feeling and atmosphere as buyers wander through.
- Make the home as inviting as possible. Turn on heating or cooling to create a comfortable environment.
- Safely store all valuables out of sight
- Whenever possible place a vase of fresh flowers in spots around the home where they will have the most impact.
- Take your pets for a walk during the inspection.
- Use room deodorises to help keep the air fresh before and during the inspection.
- Try to avoid having too many people present during inspections. The prospective buyer may feel like an intruder and hurry through the house.